Lebanon Chemicals Company S.A.L. (L.C.C.), founded in 1955 in Selaata (North Lebanon) on an area of 80,000m2, had for objective the production and sales of chemical fertilizers. L.C.C. since its start has continued to develop and grow both technically and qualitatively in the following phases:
1958 – 1963: A sulfuric acid production unit of 50 tons / day and a simple superphosphate production unit of 300 tons / day.
1964 – 1969: A sulfuric acid production unit of 100 tons / day and a sulfuric acid production unit of 300 tons / day.
1970 – 1973: A phosphoric acid production unit of 300 tons / day and a granulation unit of 800 tons / day to produce triple superphosphate (TSP).
1974 – 1978: A phosphoric acid production unit of 300 tons / day and an aluminum sulphate production unit of 60 tons / day.
Since 1997: A sulfuric acid production unit of 1,500 tons / day, an extension of the phosphoric acid production units allowing to obtain an additional 200 tons / day of P2O5 and a modification of the granulation unit allowing to obtain 100 tons / day of Mono Calcium Phosphate.
Currently, and thanks to continuous production spanning 24 hours, LCC manufactures a wide range of products:
• Sulfuric acid
• Ordinary and Defluorinated Phosphoric Acid
• Powder Single Superphosphate (SSP)
• Granular Single Superphosphate (GSSP)
• Granular Triple Superphosphate (GTSP)
• Aluminum Sulphate
• Mono Calcium Phosphate (MDCP-MCP)
L.C.C. buys the raw material on the international market and exports 98% of its production to the markets of the countries of Europe, America, Africa and Asia.
L.C.C. has been a member of the IFA (International Fertilizer Association) for over 50 years and the AFA (Arab Fertilizer Association).